Please refer to this status site for the most up to date information on the core RM Books (and RM Unify) service: status.rmunify.com. Click the "RM Apps" section to see information about RM Books.
From that site you can also subscribe to receive push alerts of any issues by SMS and/or email.
There are two known browser-related issues:
1. There is a current issue rendering the Classic Fiction free books on some browsers:
- Issue: Failed rendering of the free Classic Fiction (pre-1945) titles on Internet Explorer 10 and 11, and FireFox
- Workaround: These books work fine using Chrome. Please use the Chrome browser instead. You may need to request that your school network team makes this browser available for you if it's not installed.
- ETA for fix: Once we understand the underlying cause and how we'll resolve it, we'll post an estimated date for a fix.
2. Oops! 500 server error on Windows SmartPhones.
- Issue: The default Internet Explorer browser found on the Windows SmartPhone is not a supported browser for RM Books and may generate this error.
- Workaround: The reading experience on this browser is poor and we recommend you use a different reading device for RM Books where possible, or try a different browser for your Windows Phone if this is your only available device. Offline reading apps are now available for reading outside school on Android and iOS devices.
Find out more about any issues and how they are being resolved here.
Keep up to date
Want to be proactively alerted of any issues? Please subscribe to status.rmunify.com to receive push alerts of any issues by SMS and/or email.
We suggest also subscribing to our blog to keep up-to-date with the latest on RM Books.
New functionality - release notes
The RM Books platform's functionality is continually being improved, based on your requests and suggestions. You can see release notes for recent new releases here.
How to get help:
Please do tell us about any issues you encounter so we can get them fixed:
- You can report any issues you discover using RM Books via this online form.
- Live-chat is available for teacher and admin users during office hours.
- From w/c 13th April 2015, admin and teacher users can just phone the number at the top right of their screen.
- Any problems with how certain books render can be reported by clicking the “!” icon at the bottom left of the books viewer.