For Little Aston’s approach to encourage
1. Encourage the concept of reading for pleasure, anywhere and at any time.
2. Send out logins to RM Books and show how to choose and request books.
3. Choose a wide range of titles for students of all abilities to go into the school library.
4. Enable students to become discriminating critics, recommending books to others.
5. Assess the amount of reading taking place at both school and at home.
You will need:
1. Encourage the concept of reading for pleasure anytime, anywhere
“I just read a book called ‘Pirate Planet’ it is by Roger Hush and Jane AC West. My favourite bit was when Wanda saved Jack and Captain T Underpants from a shark!”
“We wanted to encourage the children to read more widely outside of school. That’s where RM Books came into play.”